I’m a blogger and content creator from Manchester in the UK, but based in Seoul, South Korea. I am moving to Korea to teach at a university and to learn what I can do to help change the current standard of mental well being in South Korea as it has the highest suicide rate of any OECD country. You can read more about my work with mental health, and the work of others, at www.celebratinglittlevictories.com
While mental health and mental well being is at the core of what I do, that isn’t all I talk about. I am learning Korean, slowly and I’m a bit of a culture vulture. I love the theatre, books, art, poetry, music, food but, most of all, I enjoy sharing my own stories and providing a space for others to share their stories.
If you have any feedback, or if you just want to say hi, please do leave a comment or contact me through my social media links @connieunkiga , or even check out my Contacts page to send me an email.
- Reasons I am thankful – My reflections on this year on the first day of Chuseok
- Am I annoying you yet? – 제가 아직 당신을 귀찮게 하고 있나요?
- Not fitting in – 어울리지 않는다
- The importance of taking time for yourself – 자기 자신을 위한 시간을 갖는 것의 중요성
- My first Big Fat Korean Wedding – 나의 첫번째 크고 뚱뚱한 한국 결혼식
- My next trip to Seoul – 나의 다음 서울 여행